Thursday, February 25, 2010

Snow

Does shoveling snow for 1 hr and 45 minutes count as training for the 3-day? I think so, as I just burned about 770 calories! Shoveling in our neighborhood is really fun, though - people actually walk over to say hello if they see me outside. This whole neighborhood is like "Cheers" - everybody knows everybody, and they live here specifically because they want to live in a family-friendly, social neighborhood. In other words, it's heaven on earth for me.

Thinking and thinking of fundraising ideas during every activity lately. $2300 is a lot of money to request from friends, family, and acquaintances. I keep thinking that I want people to *get* something from this (aside from the tax benefit of course, and the sense of accomplishment from helping raise money for an extremely worthwhile cause). I'm wondering if "Crafting for the Cure" might be an answer... Personalized note cards could be the start but I could even branch out to small framed embroidered items. Now I just have to find people who want these items. Therein lies the rub!

Coughing, hacking 10 month old. Must go.

No comments:

Post a Comment