Sunday, August 23, 2009

Walk #1

In just under a year, I will walk 60 miles in southeastern Michigan to raise money to fight breast cancer. The walk is 8/13-8/15. I am a little nervous! I feel it's quite ambitious. During the next year I will need to raise $2300 and take lots of walks to get ready - oh, and also raise my two tiny children - #1, Natalie, is two, and #2, Noah, is almost 4 months - and (hopefully) move across the country.

Today my little guy Noah and I took our first training walk. Momentously, Noah sat in our jogging stroller all by himself, without the car seat attachment! What a sweetie - he didn't make a peep the whole way - just chewed on his special hippo and napped. We walked 5.25 miles, which is, sadly, the furthest I've walked in a very long time.

We walked up the Great Highway, by the Cliff House, and then around Land's End. We also bought food staples for the week at Safeway on our walk back. :-)

Cliff House, 8/23/2009

What a horrible day weather-wise. I took the pic with my extremely old, trashed camera phone so the quality is atrocious - but it is in the low 60's and foggy here. Bleah.

It was good to get out for some exercise. I've been so fixated on everything with my father's health and untimely demise lately that I haven't done anything healthy or good for myself. Before all that started in July, I avoided walking because it seemed to make Noah sick when he was a tiny little guy... and before that, I bowed to the desires of a squirmy toddler who didn't want to spend lots of time in the stroller. But now I *must* get out for walks. Yay.

More another day on exactly why I am taking this challenge on.

No comments:

Post a Comment